Tag: weightlifting shoes
Kazakhstan weightlifting is the superstar of the Olympic Weightlifting World. Two time Olympic Gold medalist, Ilya Ilyin, would best be described as the next Pyrros Dimas. Their female lifters – Svetlana Podobedova, Maiya Maneza, and Zulfiya Chinshanlo- are the gold trifecta of women’s weighlifting.
Ohh, and guess what, the coaches of the Kazakhstan Weightlifting Federation attended Risto Sport’s International Weightlifting Conference in Eliot, Maine, USA.
Even though they were here to attend our seminar, we’ll share some interesting facts.
1. The Training system
A few months ago, we did write a post on how Risto Sports uses the same system as Kazakhstan. Yes, they use a Soviet System for all lifters – just like the one Dr. Herrera spoke about during our seminar. So, if you want to train like a Kazakh champ, then you can do so right here in the USA at Risto Sports.
They did also mention, that athletes who are “Master’s of the Sport” (ie champions like Podobedova) use a hybrid system from Enver Turkeleri (Naim Suleymonoglu’s coach). This system is appropriate if you are vying to be world champion.
Look for more publications on these systems from Risto Sports.
2. How is their Federation organized
All coaches report into Aleksey Ni, the Head Coach. Aleksey reports to Mendikhan Tapsir the General Secretary. Victor Ni coaches Svetlana Podobedova, Maiya Maneza, and Zulfiya Chinshanlo. Ilya Ilyin’s coach reports to Aleksey Ni. Again, Victor, Aleksey, anf Mendikhan were all present at Risto Sports.
3. Fun facts
Svetlana Podobedova is getting married this summer. Maiya Maneza is also getting married this year. Zulfiya has a boyfriend. Ilya Ilyin is already married.
So, we’re sorry, the best weightlifters in the world are all taken.
Looking for some additional photos on the Risto Olimpico before buying?
A gallery on Risto Olimpico production model has just been added, and can be found here:
Risto Sports is proud to announce the luanching of our new model: The Risto Olimpico:
As mentioned in our July 15, 2012 blog post, Risto Sports worked with a NYC designer, Storm Lewis, to develop a new and, even better model (http://www.ristosports.com/blog/?p=452). Well, moths of work ensued to bring the Olimpico to life. This included – finding a new manufacturing site, developing improved manufacturing methods, upgrading styling, adding performance features, improve long term durability of the shoe, and continuing to improve the overall quality and value of the shoe.
Why you should buy this shoe?
1. It will make you lift more! It’s designed by weightlifting experts and will outperform any flat sole shoe.
2. Hard wood heel insert, at a height that is optimized for hitting max snatches, clean and jerks, and squats.
3. Hand made in fair trade* conditions, by the only female run factory in Ecuador, in the America’s- just watch here:
4. Full leather upper ( Leather interior and exterior upper), for supreme fit that will improve over the lifetime of the shoe
5. Way cheaper than the big brands. The Risto’s are priced more than $20 less than the big brands.
What is different from our previous models?
1. It is lighter, because CrossFitters like light shoes.
2. Super flexible forefoot to improve jerks and decrease break-in time:
3. Even more green footprint.
These models are made in Ecuador and are locally sourced. The leather, wood, and natural rubber all come from the area, reducing the carbon footprint.
4. No more metal eyelets on the exterior of the shoe.
Eyelets are only visible on the interior of the upper and not exposed on the exterior. This prevents them from damage and increases durability of shoe.
5. Improved drying methods extend life of the shoe exterior sole
Due to improved drying techniques, the seal between the rubber exterior footing and the wood heel is more durable.
To celebrate Election Day, the Risto Olimpico will be available for pre-sale Tuesday, November 6, 2012.
*Important Note: Currently, there are no Fair Trade organizations which certify products like weightlifting shoes. Hence, we have not sought fair trade certification.
Risto sports will not be shipping shoes today due to the Nor’easter and blizzard like conditions.
We will be available via phone and email as well as at the gym later tonight (after shipping hours).